Read what the class of 2017/2018 thought of the Specialist Certificate in Youth Health Promotion
‘Phenomenal, I learnt so much and really appreciated all the support and learning’
‘I learned so much and the information was so diverse. I have a much more comprehensive view of health’
Read what past participants said about the course
"I have gained knowledge, skills and enhanced my values; everything that I believe is needed to work with and empower young people. The support from the staff and my peers in this course was just amazing."
- Grace McGee, Tacú Family Resource Centre. Read more...
The National Youth Health Programme delivers the Specialist Certificate in Youth Health Promotion in conjunction with NUI Galway every second year. The course takes place in Dublin over 15 days (5 Blocks of 3 Days) from September to May. It aims to encourage, support and facilitate youth organisations to become effective settings for health.
Key Benefits of this Qualification:
- Build the capacity of your organisation to identify and address effectively the health needs of young people
- Develop a range of competencies in health promotion
- Access to up to date research and specialist input from guest speakers
- Develop a whole organisational approach to health promotion
- Supports the implementation of the National Quality Standards Framework
Designed for practitioners who:
- Have an interest in responding to the health needs of young people
- Wish to develop their understanding of the determinants of health on people’s lives
- Are interested in the significant role of research in the development of knowledge and best practice in health promotion
- Wish to acquire or further develop the core competencies to practice health promotion
The application process for the 2019/2020 academic year will open in May 2019. For more information or to register your interest please contact the National Youth Health Programme on 01 4784122.
Certificate in Health Promotion (Level 7): Specialist Certificate in Youth Health Promotion awarded by NUI Galway.
Please contact the National Youth Health Programme on 01 478 4122
The certificate will run again in September 2019