This interactive one day training aims to support practitioner’s understanding and knowledge of the topic of pornography and its implications for young people. Current research, legislation, the impact of media and good practice guidelines for organisations are some of the issues discussed on the day. This course supports the objectives of the National Sexual Health Strategy 2015- 2020; with particular reference to Goal 1: Sexual Health promotion, education and prevention where everyone living in Ireland will receive comprehensive and age-appropriate sexual health education and/or information and will have access to appropriate prevention and promotion services.
*Training available on demand or tailored*
- To be able to define pornography
- To explore the topic of pornography
- To understand why young people engage with pornography
- To understand the impact of pornography on young people
- To develop confidence in addressing the issue of pornography with young people
Anyone working with young people in a youth work, out of school or non-formal education setting.
NYCI Members: Free of charge
Minimum of 16 and maximum of 22 participants