If you are passionate about making a positive impact on young people’s health, the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) would like to hear from you. Working in a positive and stimulating environment, the emphasis of this role is to contribute to the development of health promotion initiatives using evidence based approaches and best practice that will have real impact on the health and well being of young people.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a third level qualification in Health promotion or relevant health related discipline;
- 2 years experience working in Health Promotion, Health Education, Youth Work or Community Development ;
- Have 2 years experience in developing, delivering and evaluating training;
- Have an understanding and/or experience of quality standard frameworks;
- Have a proven track record of achievement;
- Have a working knowledge of youth organisations and youth health;
- Have a working knowledge of national health promotion policy and strategy;
- Have experience of policy development within an organisation;
- Have excellent interpersonal, written communication, organisational and presentation skills;
- Have the ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a team.
This is a full-time post (35 hours per week). Some evening and weekend work is required.
A full job description and application form is available from the NYCI by contacting Lisa Hyland at email@example.com or by telephone at: 01-4784122
Salary Scale: Programme Manager € 49007 - €53464
Please Email Application Form and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
National Youth Council of Ireland,
3 Montague St.
Closing date for applications is Monday the 1st of October 2018 at 12 noon. Please note that we cannot accept any late applications.
The National Youth Council of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
This position is funded by the HSE and DCYA.