This is a one day course that aims to assist a broad range of practitioners to effectively connect with young men on mental health and wellbeing issues. It focuses on the engagement process (i.e. WHY and HOW to build relationships with young men), rather than offering a new or revised mental health programme (i.e. what to offer them).
Links to national Policies:
- Healthy Ireland – A Framework for Improving Health and Wellbeing 2013-2025
- Healthy Ireland – Men. HI-M 2017-2021.
- Connecting for Life – Ireland’s National Strategy to Reduce Suicide 2015 -2020
- To demonstrate why we need to work with young men as a specific group
- To help participants reflect on their own value base, experience, attitudes towards, and expectations of young men
- To explore the world of young men, the issues that they face, and the opportunities that exist to engage with them
- To consider the practicalities of ‘what works’
- To increase the confidence of participants in relation to working with young men
A broad range of service providers and practitioners who wish to connect in more meaningful ways with young men.
NYCI Members: Free of Charge
Minimum of 16 participants and maximum of 22 participants